Here are the questions we most frequently get asked by medical or physical therapy practice owners.
Frequently Asked Questions
It just makes good business sense! As a business, you need to constantly generate revenue by getting paid for your services. A smart way to save money is by cutting overhead costs by outsourcing rather than hiring a full-time medical biller and paying for employee benefits. Your financial well-being is too important to be held in the hands of one employee. With Medi Bill, you have an entire team of experienced billers at your fingertips! Our experienced staff ensures that your claims are submitted quickly and correctly, which means that you receive full and consistent payments.
- Superior customer service. Ultimate transparency. Experienced Staff. Client-Based Goals.
- There is so much that sets Medi Bill apart from the rest, pick one that means the most to you!
- Are you concerned about customer service? Medibill offers focused customer service with an Account Manager that learns and knows your account and will build solidarity with your staff to achieve your financial goals.
- Worried you won’t know your billing activity? Besides availability on the phone and via email, your account manager will update your status report daily. This report is available in real time on our secure portal, accessible 24 hours a day. There is no activity on your account that you will not be privy to.
- Tired of hiring an in-house biller, only to find out later, that they don’t have the skills needed? At Medibill we select our staff with discretion. Only the best can work for us, and for you.
- Scared you will be just another client? NEVER! Our philosophy at Medibill is simple, our job is to increase your revenue while decreasing your workload. Not only are we focused on bringing in the most revenue for your practice, but we are constantly improving our workflow to make your life a little easier.
- Medi Bill provides our services based on a percentage of the revenue collected. This includes both insurance and patient payments. This method ensures that the goal of both of our companies are the same – to obtain the full financial reimbursement for services provided. We do not get paid unless you get paid!
- Our fee includes so much more than sending your claims out. Our staff will assist you and your staff with any questions you, your practice or your patients may have about your claims and billing. Our billing system includes a database that is set up specifically for your practice that you have 24-hour access to. Our service and transparency is unlike any other billing service.
- We do not charge extra for re-bills, monthly reports, monthly patient statements or denied claims. We charge one fee that includes all of our standard services; there are no hidden fees and charges involved.
- Yes, Medi Bill Org. complies with all HIPAA privacy and security regulations.
- HIPPA Compliance for Medi Bill Org. is committed to conducting business in compliance with HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) of 1996.
- Privacy standards have been set up by the Department of Health and Human Services in order to ensure the protection of a patient’s health information from unauthorized disclosure. The Final Privacy Rule requires covered entities that transmit any health information in an electronic format to maintain the confidentiality of all personal identifiable information (PII).
- We conduct comprehensive compliance reviews in order to monitor and audit HIPAA rules. At Medi Bill Org., we are proud to maintain HIPAA compliance throughout our medical billing services.
- Maintaining steady cash flow for a medical practice depends upon quick and timely payments from insurance companies. We transmit claims electronically to all insurance companies that accept claims electronically, which means you receive payments in 2-3 weeks, as opposed to 2-3 months using the traditional paper method.
- We submit clean claims using our scrubbing software that catches coding and data entry errors before the claims are submitted to the insurance companies, which reduces rejections and ensures a faster collection cycle. We also follow up and challenge all denied/unpaid/partially paid claims until you are paid.
- Yes, Medi Bill Org. receive our EOBs electronically, which is referred to as ERA (Electronic Remittance Advise), from Medicare and other insurance companies through our clearing house. It is our preference to process EOBs electronically whenever possible to reduce payment posting errors.
- When we received our ERA’s on your claims, this does not affect the paper EOB’s you receive.
We provide less than 24-hour turnaround from the receipt of data to claims submission for large and small accounts.
- All of your funds and deposits will still be in your control. Client must provide written notification in a timely manner of all collections they receive, including but not limited to patient cash payments, patient checks, payer checks and deposit of EFT (Electronic Fund Transfer)s to Medi Bill Org.
- Our recommendation is to set up as many payers with EFT (Electronic Fund Transfer) payments as possible. The EFT payments will go directly into the client’s bank account and the corresponding ERA (Electronic Remittance Advice) will come through the clearinghouse to our billing software. For payers who do not use EFT payments, checks will come in the mail to the client for deposit. The checks and corresponding EOBs will need to be scanned and provided to Medi Bill if there is no corresponding ERA. We want to have as many claims as possible sent electronically and we set up as many payers as possible to receive your payments via EFT.
If you use free scheduling software, we are able to synchronize between our billing systems to ensure all claims are billed correctly.
- Yes, patient statements will be generated on a regular basis to inform the patients of activity on their accounts. Patient statements will clearly indicate when a patient balance is due. Should it be necessary, we will contact the patients by a series of letters and phone calls regarding any delinquent balances. We will contact your office and make recommendations for possible outside collections activity, if necessary. We will work closely with your office to be sure that your patients’ accounts are handled in a manner that meets your approval. Yes, the patients can contact us directly for any billing issues.